Louisville and God: Facts and Faith
Last night Louisville won the championship of the NCAA Men’s basketball tournament. Here are some items of fact and faith about the Louisville team:
• The team leader and point guard is Peyton Siva, a dedicated Christian.
• He wears number 3 on his playing shirt, to acknowledge the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. By the way, one TV announcer last night explained this to listeners.
• When Peyton gets a basket, or a free throw, he raises one finger toward heaven.
• He scored 18 points last night, which is the second highest score on his team.
• Generally speaking, Peyton Siva is a tremendous role model for young men.
The championship game against Michigan was quite a thriller, with each team making a separate run in the first half. In the second half it was blood, sweat and tears. If interested, you can read about it here and some excerpts are provided below.
• What a week for coach Rick Pitino! He was elected to the Hall of Fame. His horse is headed to the Kentucky Derby. His son gets a prominent head coaching job. And his team wins the championship game.
• The players intend to hold Pitino to a promise he made: If they won a national title, he’d get a tattoo.
• Kevin Ware’s gruesome injury during the regional final will forever be linked to this tournament. Watching from his seat at the end of the Louisville bench, his injured right leg propped up on a chair, Ware smiled and slapped hands with his teammates as they celebrated in the closing seconds. When the title belonged to Louisville, Ware put on a championship cap and got a big hug from Pitino. Then, they lowered the basket so the injured player could cut a strand out of the net.
The Gray Nomad.
Probing the practice of Christian believers……
“And Joshua and Caleb, who were among the scouts who had searched the land, rent their clothes; and they said to the Israelites, The land through which we passed is an exceedingly good land. If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land flowing with milk and honey. Only do not rebel against the Lord, neither fear the people of the land; for they are bread for us; their defense is removed from over them, but the Lord is with us; fear them not.” (Numbers, chapter 14).
Please hit one of the SHARE buttons below the blog if you know someone who would be interested in this story.