Staci, my step-daughter, is in the middle of her stay at the Sedona Wellness Retreat in Arizona. This is a three-week nutritional program to detox from chemo treatment, and to rebuild her immune system. Make sure you read to the end of this article, where Staci gives a poignant review of the Retreat so far.
Sedona is a beautiful town surrounded by picturesque red rocks. The contrast between the red cliffs and the green trees and the cobalt-blue sky is enchanting. At sunset the mountains glow with orange fire. The Sedona Wellness Retreat is hidden away in a grove of pine trees, and is complemented by an imposing landscape design. Peace and tranquility radiate from the fountains, rocks and plants.
• Sedona Wellness Retreat (SWR) is dedicated to healing people of various diseases such as cancer and diabetes, but also people who want to lose weight, etc. One lady I met was there for the water treatment for RA (rheumatoid arthritis).
• For cancer patients, SWR follows the Gerson protocols fairly closely. If you google on Gerson, you will find several videos of cancer cures that are remarkable.
• I first heard of the Gerson approach from Jerry in Albuquerque, who told me he had been to six doctors about a digestive problem, and the last one wanted to cut into his digestive system. Instead, he told me excitedly, he applied the Gerson technique himself and was healed.
• SWR has been in existence for three years. Typically 5-10 patients are staying at SWR in any given week.
• Doctor Stephun and Doctor Julie are NMDs which means they specialized in Naturopathy. They can prescribe meds, and their accreditation is similar to DOs (doctors of Osteopathy).
• The program for Staci would be 1 week for detox, and 2 weeks for regeneration of cells, etc. Depending on the week, Staci drinks 5-13 fresh juices each day, eats 3 veggie meals, plus undergoes 2-5 organic coffee enemas. These enemas are to assist the liver in detoxing.
• A blood test is done once every week (usually).
• A meditation session for 30 mins usually starts the day. Yoga classes and massages are taken as recommended. A health-education movie usually ends the day.
The idea is a 3-week stay at SWR jump-starts a patient on the Gerson treatment, so it becomes much easier to stick to the diet and other practices back home. The doc said it’s the first part of a 2-year program, so it’s important for patients and their family to commit to the course for two years. The people I know here in ABQ who have beaten cancer are very careful about what they choose to eat……every day!
The price of a three-week stay at Sedona Wellness Retreat is according to the health program and the type of room. But as one supporter of the program said to me, “How much is a life worth?”
On the first night there, I joined Staci and her mom Mary Ann for supper, which consisted of veggies…..and only veggies! I found it pretty bland, but after 12 days Staci and Mary Ann tell me they now enjoy most of the food that is served. No salt and no sugar of course!
During that meal, a local musician called Johnny showed up with a variety of instruments, including a didgeridoo which he had built himself. He did a good job playing it, while I sat back, closed my eyes, and dreamed of kangaroos and mountains and desert back home.
Mary Ann switched into the fibromyalgia treatment program after a few days at SWR, and reports that she is more relaxed, and her pain level is lower. Her energy level and appetite has improved, and she says she has been feeling terrific 90% of the time.
What Staci said about Sedona Wellness Center (after being there for 12 days). This testament is the most important part of this article, and her poignant, well-chosen words are powerful:
“Over the past year I have been battling breast cancer and all the side effects from chemo. It has been one thing after another. The chemo nearly took my life, not the cancer. I encourage anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer or any chronic illness to check out the Gerson program. I am in Sedona, Arizona, and I would have given anything to know then what I know now. My, how my life would have been different! I am seeing people’s lives change right in front of me….people with liver and colon cancer. There are no words to describe this. All I am saying is before you make a decision on your treatment take the time to research your options.”
If you desire more information on SWR, here is the website: http://sedonawellnessretreat.com/ You can click on this link to go there.
The Gray Nomad
Probing the practice of Christian believers……
Thank you Staci and Mary Ann for contributing to this article.
The lines are fallen for me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good heritage. I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord continually before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my inner self rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety. (Book of Psalms, chapter 16).
Some of your friends may be grateful if you share this blog with them. Just hit the appropriate SHARE button to the side of the blog (or you can share the blog in your Facebook).
You can also become a Follower by clicking on the gray Follow button at the bottom of this screen or any of the screens on the website. All it means is you will automatically receive each new blog by email. This may be important if/when I have to stop sending out emails.